Please bring a donation to the BIG EVENT on Sept. 21, 2013 for Loving Arms.
Loving Arms, Inc., is a private not for profit organization, duly incorporated in 1999, to work with youth and young adults, between the age of 12 and 24, that are runaways, homeless and/or at risk of becoming homeless. Our primary goal is to provide for the basic needs of these youth, which includes food, shelter and clothing, and in cases where it’s appropriate, to work with them and their family to strengthen and re-establish relationships, in hopes of reunifying them with their family. In cases, where reunification is not possible we help youth and young adults secure a stable, nurturing and secure living environment in which to live. In addition to food, shelter, and clothing youth receive medical, mental health, educational, counseling and other support services. We also provide daily living and independent living skills, when appropriate, that include job readiness training, financial literacy, assistance with securing entitlements, transportation and assistance with job placement. These services are also offered to their family members as well. Counseling services include individual, group and family counseling. With a major focus on preventing youth from becoming part of the foster care and/or juvenile justice System, which we feel is not the answer for many of the youth and families we serve. It is our belief, that when possible, children should be raised by their own parents, not systems. However, when no other alternative exists we work diligently with providers of care to include the Department of Social and Juvenile Services to provide on-going support and follow-up to youth and their families. In addition, we offer one on one mentoring services to all youth in our program, as well as, any child that has an incarcerated parent, from all communities throughout the state of Maryland.
ITEMS Currently Needed by Loving Arms
- Underwear. medium, large, XL,
- Dental care items-toothpaste, toothbrushes, dental floss, denture cream
- Deodorant, stick preferably
- Undershirts, medium, large XL, bras- sports bras can be bought in sizes s, med large, XL
- Lotion- hand and body lotion, body powder
- Health care items: antacids, cough drops, Vicks vapor rub, band aids, Q tips, lip balm, nail clippers,
- Eye care items- reading glasses, Face care- shaving cream, face creams
- Soap, bar soap preferably 9. Hair care items: shampoo, gels, combs, hair barrettes, pony tail holders, combs, brushes
- Razors- double or triple blade
- samples: soaps, shampoos, conditioners from hotels, travel sizes
- Foot care items: xl \shower shoes(flip flops), foot powder, athletes foot spray, shoe laces, shoe polish, etc.
- Misc. items: tooth brush holders, travel soap dishes etc.
- Linens: towels, wash cloths, fitted twin sheets