SHARE is an anual giving campaign through which we ask our Girl Scout families to contribute a free-will, tax-deductible donation to Girl Scouts of Central Maryland.
When you donate to SHARE you are investing in the future of your daughter(s), your community, and the Girl Scouts of Central Maryland community because 100% of your SHARE gift remains local. Your donation is put directly back into the operations of our council through program, membership, and volunteer activities and materials.
SHARE funds help subsidize the annual cost of Girl Scouting at $191.44 a year, per girl; please give what you can to ensure the support of the following:
- nearly 27,000 Girl Scouts in Central Maryland annually
- 10,000+ volunteers & 53 staff members
- Free volunteer training
- Maintaining GSCM Urban Program & STEM Center
- Maintaining four camp properties, with lodging, canoes, a ropes course and other recreational equipment
- Maintaining two Council store locations (at the GSCM Urban Program & STEM Center and Camp Ilchester in Howard County) as well as the store website.
- Recognitions and awards to Girl Scouts and volunteers at each level.
For the girls: Girl Scout Daisy, Brownie, Junior, Cadet, Senior, and Ambassador.
For the Volunteers: Council Delegates, Troop supporters, and Service Unit team members
- The Volunteer Resource Center at the GSCM Urban Program & STEM Center
4806 Seton Drive, Baltimore, Maryland 21215
410.358.9711 ext. 201 or email@example.com
- Maintaining the Council website (gscm.org)
- Providing publications such as GirlsWorld, GS411, Great Adventures, and the Annual Report
Currently we are holding an online auction to benefit SHARE. There are many items ranging in price from $5 – $3,000.
- 4 Left-field Lower Box tickets to a Baltimore Orioles game
- 2 nights/3 days and free parking at Holiday Inn Oceanfront, Ocean City, MD
- Gift certificates, trips, massages and much much more!
ALL PROCEEDS BENEFIT OUR GIRLS – Click the green button to enter the auction site!
What you get in return
Donate to SHARE and you can earn a variety of special patches, Girl Scout insignia and thank-you items.
- $25 All SHARE donations of $25 or more will be awarded the SHARE philanthropy patch AND your name will be included on our Supporter Listing page.
- $50 All SHARE donations of $50 and above will be awarded the SHARE philanthropy patch AND the year’s commemorative patch.
- $100 All SHARE donations of $100 or more will receive the new SHARE pin, the commemorative patch AND the SHARE Philanthropy Patch.
Now that you know what SHARE supports, you’re probably wondering “but why is all of this important?”
This is important because by supporting GSCM and the Girl Scouts within the council, you are helping to change their lives, and provide them with future success. Through Girl Scouts, millions of girls have learned the courage, confidence and character that it takes to be a successful woman and leader in this world; we SHARE ToGetHerThere.
Below is a graphic that explains the facts and figures about why Girl Scouting is important and why it works. By supporting SHARE you are contributing to the growth of these statistics among local girls.
Leave a Reply