MARK YOUR CALENDARS!
The Fall deadline to submit nominations for Adult Recognitions is November 1.
This includes nominations for:
- GSCM’s EverGreen Award – for individuals with 50 or more years of membership
- GSUSA Volunteer of Excellence – outstanding service implementing the Girl Scout Leadership Experience or in support of the council’s mission delivery
- GSUSA President’s Award – see information below
- GSUSA Appreciation Pin – outstanding service to the whole service unit.
- GSUSA Honor Pin – outstanding service to two or more service units.
- GSUSA Thanks Badge – outstanding service to the council.
- GSUSA Thanks Badge II – must have received the Thanks Badge and has contributed outstanding service to the council or national organization.
A full listing of award deadlines and information on each of the awards can be found here.
GSUSA President’s Award
If your Service Team or other Service Delivery group had a successful year, we encourage you to apply for the 2013/2014 President’s Award by the November 1 deadline. This award recognizes the efforts of teams whose exemplary service in support of delivering the Girl Scout Leadership Experience surpassed team goals and resulted in significant, measurable impact toward reaching the Council’s over all goals. We ask that you refer to the Mission Delivery Goals located on the appreciation and recognition page of our website. Last year’s recipients included Service Unit 51, the Girl Scout Chorus, and the GSCM Travel Pathways groups.
As a reminder, the following awards require Board Approval and are not available for presentation until the Board has met after the posted Award Deadline dates:
- Black-Eyed Susan
- Thanks Badge and Thanks Badge II (presented at the Annual Council Meeting in May)
- President’s Award ( also presented at the Annual Meeting).