Girl Scout cookies are great by themselves, but did you know they can also be used to make other desserts? Girl Scouts visited Fox 45 to show off some unique treats made from Girl Scout cookies and we’ve included the recipes below.
Don’t forget- booth sales begin on Oct. 23rd
You can get your cookies and use these recipes to make some delicious desserts. More recipes can be found at girlscouts.org
Carlota de Limón
4 oz. of Fresh Lime juice (4-6 limes)
1 can of Evaporated Milk
1 can of Condensed Milk
8 oz. of Cream Cheese
1 box of Cranberry Citrus Crips Cookies
Cinnamon, nuts and/or fruit to decorate (optional)
1. Place condensed and evaporated milk and cream cheese in a blender. Turn blender on low setting and add in lime juice gradually, until the mixture thickens.
2. Line the bottom of an 8×8 glass baking dish with a layer of cookies and pour some of the milk mixture on top of the cookies; enough to cover them but not drown them.
3. Repeat this process until all the milk mixture and cookies have been used up.
4. Place dessert in the freezer for a minimum of 3 hrs.
5. Cut and serve with toppings.
Girl Scout Cookie Pops
20 Girl Scout Shortbread Cookies
10 regular sized marshmallows, cut in half to make 2 round pieces – or – 20 caramel candies
10 sucker pop sticks at least 6 inches long
Melting chocolates in different colors
- Lay 3 cookies face down on a microwave safe dish
- Place 1/2 marshmallow or 1 whole caramel candy on each cookie
- Microwave 15 seconds for marshmallows or 20-25 seconds for caramels
- Remove from the microwave and insert a sucker stick into the marshmallows or caramels ( Caution! marshmallows and caramels will be extremely hot)
- Place a second cookie face up on top of each marshmallow or caramel and press together to make a sandwich cookie
- Repeat this process until all cookies are used.
- Let the cookies sit for 5 minutes
- Melt the chocolate according to package instructions and carefully pour the melted chocolate over the cookies
- Pour sprinkles onto the chocolate covered cookie pops and let set for 15 minutes.