Stand Up, Stand Out, Kick-off!
Save the date for the 2017-2018 Cookie Kick-off!
Join us on September 9, 2017 at the GSCM Program Center to get ready for our best Girl Scout Cookie Program yet!
Want to attend the Cookie Kick-off for FREE?
The 2017-2018 Cookie Kick-off will be held on Saturday, September 9, 2017 at 4806 Seton Drive Baltimore, MD 21215. We are seeking volunteers to help run girl activity tables. Below is a sample list of activities for which we need volunteers. We are seeking troops, groups or individuals. All event volunteers (adults and girls) can attend free of charge.
Cookie Kick-off Volunteer Opportunities:
- Goal Setting: Activity on troop goal/individual goal/cookie share goal
- Cookie knowledge games
- Learn about your cookies: Box information, serving sizes, ingredients etc.
- Developing a business plan
- Developing a budget
- Mock Booth sales/ Mock Door- to – Door sales/ Mock Phone sales
- Nail painting (colors of cookie boxes)
- Girl Recognitions Booth
- Living the promise and law during Girl Scout Cookie Sales (Business ethics)
- Marketing skills
- Thank You cards craft
- Button making
- How to Design a Successful Booth
- Booth “Set-Up” Races
- Selfie Booth
- Craft tables
National S’mores Day
Thank you to everyone who supported our first-ever Give S’more Challenge! If you missed it and still would like to make a donation, it’s not too late! Every donation goes directly to support programming for girls right here in Central Maryland. Click here to make your donation today.
The S’mores Making Challenge was a great success. Our top cookie sellers (The 7 Little S’mores) and day camp counselors (Team Baltis’more) went head to head to see who could make the most s’mores. Team Baltis’more claimed the win with 195 s’mores but the 7 Little S’mores weren’t far behind with 189. Combined the two teams made 384 s’mores in under an hour! Click here to see the highlights!
Girl Scout Day with the Orioles
Baseball and Girl Scouts, two of America’s favorite institutions! You’re not going to want to miss this!
Join us and root for the Baltimore Orioles while showing your Girl Scout pride on Sunday, September 3rd at 1:35 pm.
$5 of every ticket sold benefits GSCM. Patch included. For full details, click here.
Visit orioles.com/girlscouts to get your tickets now!
Become a Rockin’ Robotics Coach!
If you have a passion for inspiring girls to achieve great things as well as an interest in learning more about technology and engineering—volunteer with one of GSCM’s robotics teams!
GSCM has a number of opportunities for girls in grades K-8 to engage and explore robotics, and they need volunteer coaches to lead the way. Our Rockin’ Robotics program includes the following:
- 2 to 4 FIRST LEGO League (FLL) teams for girls in 6th-8th Starting in September, these teams meet weekly for 3 hours on Saturdays or Sundays through January at our offices in Baltimore or our camp in Ellicott City.
- 2 to 3 FIRST LEGO League Jr. (FLL Jr.) teams for girls in grades K-3rd. These teams meet two Saturdays a month starting in February through May.
- Outreach programs for girls in grades K-4th in Ellicott City and Harford County using LEGO WeDo Robotics. **PAID OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE**
Volunteer coaches and assistant coaches are needed to help facilitate these programs. No previous experience is necessary to become a coach as GSCM provides all of the training, materials, and curriculum necessary to lead a team. Coaching a team and helping a girl realize a love for technology and engineering requires only the following:
- Attending a majority of the meetings; FLL has 14 meetings including competition, FLL Jr. has 12.
- Determining the agenda for meetings (with the help of provided resources).
- Maintain a safe learning environment for girls.
Those with technical experience are also welcome to volunteer as a coach or team mentor. Mentors on FLL teams help coaches with teaching the programming and technical aspects of the program.
For more information about volunteering, please email STEM@gscm.org.
GSCM offices are closed until 1pm on Friday, August 18 for a staff meeting.