We send thanks and appreciation for all that you, our dedicated and resilient volunteers, do!
The April VINE is here with important updates about our programs and activities.
Over the past few weeks GSCM staff have been reaching out to troop leaders by phone to check-in on how they and their troops are doing, how they are staying connected during this time of social distancing, and how we can better support them at this time. We want to thank our troop leaders for taking the time to speak with us and share all the great ways they are staying connected through communications and/or virtual meetings, and if they are not connecting regularly at this time, inquiring how they are encouraging girls and families to stay connected with Girl Scouts.
Below is a list of resources available at this time to support girls, troops, families and service units:
- Girl Scouts of Central Maryland COVID-19 Webpage: Click here for the latest updates on GSCM’s COVID-19 response.
- GSCM’s Girl Scouts at Home for Girls and Volunteers Webpages: Visit this page to access self-guided, free activities to keep your girl, your troop, and your community connected. Additionally, you can fin details about our new LIVE events happening on our Facebook page each week.
- GSUSA Resources: There are also resources available on GSUSA’s website. Here are links to three resources we feel are a great help to volunteers at this time:
- Volunteer Webinar Series: Check your inbox for a special invite to register for any of the 14 sessions (see descriptions below) we are offering throughout the month of April. Webinars are being recorded and the links will soon be posted on our Girl Scouts at Home for Volunteers webpage.
- Questions? Need support? Although staff are not currently working from our office building, we are working remotely. Reach out to us at email@example.com
- ME2 Magazine and Nut Sale: This sale ended March 31, 2020. Girl delivery products and patches are scheduled to ship directly to troop leaders at the end of April. Girls should NOT deliver product to customers until the shelter in place restrictions are lifted by Governor Hogan. Troop Leaders will receive an email with tracking information when the items ship.
- Cookie Jam and 500+ Stellar Seller Celebration: These events were scheduled for March 29, however, they have been rescheduled for June 14, 2020. The location and time are the same. Qualifying girls will receive invitations late April/early May.
- The 1000+ CEO Luncheon: This event scheduled for May has been tentatively rescheduled for June 28th. This is subject to change based on Toby’s opening schedule and performance schedule.
- Cookies X2 Movie Night at Camp Ilchester: This event has been postponed until further notice.
- Highest Awards and COVID-19:
- Girl Scouts of Central Maryland (GSCM), recognizes the impact that COVID-19 ‘stay at home orders’ are having on Girl Scouts seeking to earn their highest awards. In this time of uncertainty, we are dedicated to supporting these girls, and their leaders, as they acclimate to the new normal.
- To that end, GSCM is following the guidance of GSUSA and is offering a 3-month deadline extension from September 30 to December 31, 2020 for all Girl Scouts who are graduating from 5th grade (Juniors who seek to earn the Silver Award), 8th grade (Cadettes who seek to earn the Silver Award) and 12th grade (Ambassadors who seek to earn the Gold Award) this year. These girls will officially bridge to the next level on October 1, 2020 and without this extension would no longer be eligible to earn the Bronze, Silver or Gold Award, respectively.
- For more information and to see how to qualify for an extension click here.
- We are now offering an on-demand “Take Action Workshop” for Bronze and Silver Award participants. Click here to view it.
- We are also providing an on-demand “Covid-19 Highest Awards Coach Training” that can be viewed here.
- Volunteer Enrichment Webinar Series: In honor of Volunteer Appreciation Month, we want to celebrate you and provide you with a month filled with enrichment opportunities to help you grow personally and as a volunteer. All webinars will start at 7PM and end at 8PM. These webinars are for GSCM volunteers only. Check below to see what we are offering.
- SWAPS: Come learn about this traditional way Girl Scouts can connect with other Girl Scouts in their local area and beyond. Participants will be emailed a list of common household items to bring to the session to make a few simple SWAPS as we chat. This session will be held on Wednesday, April 15. Click here to register.
- GSCM Shop Talk-Uniform Essentials: Chat with the GSCM Shop Team about everything uniform. We’ll share information, give tips, and answer your questions. This session will be held on Thursday, April 16. Click here to register.
- GSCM Virtual Leader Roundtable: Tune-in to our monthly roundtable discussion to hear the latest from GSCM which pertains to volunteers. This session will be held on Monday, April 20. Click here to register.
- Volunteer Appreciation Celebration: Join our online celebration of GSCM volunteers! As part of the festivities, participants will make a simple, fun craft project using items typically found around the home. A list of items needed to make the craft project will be emailed to registered participants prior to the session. We will also chat about GSCM and GSUSA volunteer recognitions. This session will be held on Wednesday, April 22. Click here to register.
- Knot Tying: Learn to tie a variety of knots in this virtual experience. Participants will receive an email listing the materials needed to practice knot tying with our presenter. This session will be held on Thursday, April 23. Click here to register.
- Girl Scout Traditions: Traditions give Girl Scouts a sense of history and have been delighting girls and volunteers for over 100 years. Learn how these traditions can be brought to the troop/group whether you are meeting in-person or online. This session will be held on Monday, April 27. Click here to register.
- Managing Stress and Conflict: Stress and conflict are realities of life. People are living in a constant period of transition, and the shelf life of solutions keeps getting shorter since what works today can become obsolete a few months later. Stress is often coming from or caused by people, technology, new information, and globalization trends. Learn some effective ways to manage stress, conflict, and change. This session will be held on Wednesday, April 29. Click here to register.
- Bridging: Celebrating Your Move to the Next Girl Scout Level – Bridging from one Girl Scout level to the next is a milestone for girls and their troop leaders, not to mention a great retention activity! We’ll discuss the bridging experience and award requirements. Additionally, we’ll chat about how bridging leaders can prepare themselves to lead at the next level. This session will be held on Wednesday, April 29. Click here to register.
- Get to Know Girl Scouts: Do you know a girl or parent that’s interested in becoming apart of the Girl Scouts organization? We’re now live-streaming informational sessions on Facebook.
- Girl Scouts at Home: We are now offering pre-recorded and LIVE virtual badge workshops and resources for girls and volunteers. Visit the Girl Scouts at Home page to find out more information.
- Free Shipping on Online Orders: Even though our stores are closed, you can still do your shopping from our e-commerce site! Free standard shipping on all online orders with no minimum restrictions.