It’s that time of the year again, that’s right spring renewal is here! Check out all of the exciting incentives that we have for you along with other important updates.
- As of May 15, 2020, all Summer 2020 Destinations have been cancelled or postponed by the host council and/or GSUSA. If you registered for, and were accepted into, a Destination for this summer, you should have been contacted by your Destination liaison. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
NEW Virtual Troop Meetings Safety Activity Checkpoint
During this time of social distancing, many troops are staying connected and engaged through online, virtual platforms. Holding virtual troop meetings creates an array of exciting opportunities, as well as new challenges. As with all the special experiences that Girl Scouts offers, meeting virtually creates not only the ability for girls to get comfortable and tech savvy but to gain character, confidence and courage by expressing themselves and learning leadership skills to take them into the virtual world.
There are so many ways to encourage girls to learn and grow and experience life virtually. For every adventure that can be done in-person, there is another that can be shared and taught and experienced virtually. Adult volunteers will find it exciting and challenging to bring new experiences to girls through video troop meetings. Whether it be community service projects, outdoor adventures, cookie sales, badge work or STEM – there is a way for Girl Scouts to meet girls where they are and keep them connected.
To help volunteers in leading engaging, fun and most importantly, safe virtual experiences for girls, a new Virtual Troop Meeting Safety Activity Checkpoint has been created. Before leading a virtual experience for girls, volunteers need to review and follow these guidelines. This new Safety Activity Checkpoint can be found on our website via this link.
Spring Renewal Resources and Webinars
While your plans for this Girl Scout year may have been interrupted and things look different than we’d hoped right now, your girls have so much to look forward to as Girl Scouts. Despite these uncertain times, we want to continue to partner with you to make sure that Girl Scouts remains a certainty in your girls’ lives. It’s your commitment to her and her future, combined with Girl Scout’s expertise and one-of-a-kind programming that strengthens her belief in herself and her inherent power—making her unstoppable today and for the rest of her life.
We are here ready to help you and each girl in your troop renew for another year so that she doesn’t miss out on the future that Girl Scouts has planned for her. We look forward to spending another Girl Scout year —engaging in programs, learning new skills and doing badge activities — with you and your troops! Below are resources available to help girls and families in renewing:
- Spring Renewal Webpage
- Updates on the GSCM Facebook page and GSCM Instagram page
- Your email inbox for updates and links to helpful resources, such as webinar registration information
- As always, please reach out to us at email@example.com for assistance
Special Announcement about a NEW Spring Renewal Troop Incentive!
In case you missed it, you can watch the video on our Facebook page here. We have a new troop renewal incentive. Below are all the details you need to know!
Troop Incentive Description
Each week during the campaign (a total of 8 weeks), we will have a drawing where two troops—who have renewed and met the spring renewal qualifications (see our Spring Renewal Webpage for incentive qualification criteria)—will receive $50 for their troop treasury!
Details of the ‘Drawing’ Process
- Each week, on Wednesdays at 1 PM, we will have the drawing live on our Facebook page
- To be included in the next week’s drawing, troops need to complete the renewal process and meet the renewal incentive qualifications by Monday, 11:59 PM.
- Troops do not need to be present to ‘win’; troop leaders will be notified by the end of the same day that the troop number is drawn.
- The earlier a troop renews, the more chances they will have in the drawings. Any troop who is drawn cannot not be drawn again.
Drawing Schedule (always at 1 PM on Facebook)
- Wednesdays, May 13, 20, and 27
- Wednesdays, June 3, 10, 17 and 24
- Wednesday, July 1
- Many of you enjoyed our first Live shopping social. Thank you for joining us! Mark your calendars for our second Facebook LIVE Shop Social event on May 29th. We’ll be sharing our new products, uniform essentials and fun items for every girl.
- Check out our events calendar to stay up-to-date with other upcoming events.