Governor Hogan announced that he was proceeding with his 3-part plan to re-open Maryland. Simultaneously, he cautioned Marylanders that those at risk should continue to shelter in, everyone must still wear masks in indoor public areas, physical distancing still must continue and that employees should work from home as much as possible. He also noted that restrictions on gatherings of more than 10 people remain in place.
In keeping with putting the safety of our members, staff, and volunteers first and cooperating with the state’s efforts to contain and prevent the spread of COVID-19:
*GSCM offices, stores, and camps are closed until further notice.
*All programs, events, service unit and troop meetings and activities remain suspended.
To read the full COVID Update statement, click here.
There is Still Time to Take Part in Spring Renewal
May 1-June 30, 2020
While your plans for this Girl Scout year may have been interrupted and things look different than we’d hoped right now, your girls have so much to look forward to as Girl Scouts. Despite these uncertain times, we want to continue to partner with you to make sure that Girl Scouts remains a certainty in your girls’ lives. It’s your commitment to her and her future, combined with Girl Scout’s expertise and one-of-a-kind programming that strengthens her belief in herself and her inherent power—making her unstoppable today and for the rest of her life.
We are here ready to help you and each girl in your troop renew for another year so that she doesn’t miss out on the future that Girl Scouts has planned for her. We look forward to spending another Girl Scout year —engaging in programs, learning new skills and doing badge activities — with you and your troops! Below are resources available to help girls and families in renewing:
- Spring Renewal Webpage with information on how to renew and renewal incentives
- Information and resources on the GSCM Facebook page and GSCM Instagram page
- Your email inbox for updates and links to helpful resources, such a Spring Renewal webinar registration information
- As always, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance
Spring Renewal Troop Incentive
We are thrilled to share that over the last five weeks, we have had a total of 66 troops qualify and be entered in our new Spring Renewal Troop Incentive drawing. Each week during the eight-week early renewal period, two troops are drawn to receive $50 for their troop treasury.
We’d like to take this opportunity to welcome back all the girls and adults who have so far renewed for another exciting Girl Scout year. We’d like to congratulate and raise-up the following troops who were drawn and will receive $50. Additionally, we’d like express our appreciation to all our Service Units for their steadfast efforts to encourage troops in their area to early renew for next year, with a special shout-out to Harford and Carroll Counties who, to date, have the most troops qualify for the incentive:
Troop 846, SU620 Harford County
Troop 980, SU665 Carroll County
Troop 5353, SU665 Carroll County
Troop 24, SU 675 Harford County
Troop 5962, SU675 Harford County
Troop 10165, SU672 Carroll County
Troop 1658, SU654 Howard County
Troop 2946, SU665 Carroll County
Troop 11027, SU647 Anne Arundel County
Troop 674, SU674 Harford County
There are still three more weeks left for troops to qualify and be entered in the drawing; below are the details on the ‘drawing’ process:
- Each week, on Wednesdays at 1 PM, we will have the drawing live on our Facebook page
- To be included in the next week’s drawing, troops need to complete the renewal process and meet the renewal incentive qualifications by Monday, 11:59 PM
- Troops do not need to be present to ‘win’; troop leaders will be notified by the end of the same day that the troop number is drawn.
- The earlier in the renewal period that a troop renews, the more chances they will have in the drawings. Any troop who is drawn cannot not be drawn again.
Drawing Schedule (always at 1 PM on Facebook)
- Wednesday, June 17
- Wednesday, June 24
- Wednesday, July 1
Congratulations are in order! Here are the 2019-2020 Regional Top Sellers
- Jenna D. – Entrepreneur of the Year, Anne Arundel County
- Jenna from troop #296, service unit #635 sold a total of 5,367 boxes of cookies!
- Rylin B. – Howard County
- Rylin from troop #4514, service unit #658 sold a total of 3,046 boxes of cookies!
- Gwendolyn M. – Harford County
- Gwendolyn from troop #975, service unit #675 sold a total of 2599 boxes of cookies!
- Mckayla B. – Baltimore County
- Mckayla from troop #4981, service unit #686 sold a total of 2,357 boxes of cookies!
- Trista C. – Carroll County
- Trista from troop #1495, service unit #664 sold a total of 1,332 boxes of cookies!
- Mihy’a A. – Baltimore City
- Mihy’a from troop #902, service unit #605 sold a total of 825 boxes of cookies!
Congratulations to the 2019-2020 CEO Club Members. These girls sold 1,000+ boxes of cookies!
- Jenna D. – Ambassador from Troop #296, Service Unit #635
- Rylin B. – Troop #4514, Service Unit #658
- Gwendolyn M. – Junior from Troop #975, Service Unit #675
- Mckayla B. – Senior from Troop #4981, Service Unit #686
- Leila A. – Junior from Troop #690, Service Unit # 679
- Morgan S. – Ambassador from Troop #2352, Service Unit #659
- Kaylah M. – Senior from Troop #4981, Service Unit #686
- Xaviana L. – Troop #11023, Service Unit #647
- Caitlin W. – Brownie from Troop #9581, Service Unit #695
- Breanna P. – Troop #719, Service Unit #649
- Elizabeth R. – Troop #2213, Service Unit #668
- Jozie J. – Troop #719, Service Unit #649
- Arianna L. – Troop #2213, Service Unit #668
- Emoree W. – Cadette from Troop #10410, Service Unit #695
- Emma M. – Cadette from Troop #1492, Service Unit #637
- Trista C. – Junior from Troop #1495, Service Unit #664
- Caroline B. – Troop #80010, Service Unit #686
- Maddison D. – Troop #10334, Service Unit #697
- Genevieve B. – Junior from Troop #4809, Service Unit #688
- Maya A. – Troop #11023, Service Unit #647
- Annabelle B. – Brownie from Troop #920, Service Unit #688
- Lexie B. – Cadette. from Troop #537, Service Unit #633
- Lily G. – Senior from Troop #6, Service Unit #644
- Christina K. – Cadette from Troop #10410, Service Unit #695
- Brooke B. – Junior from Troop #1291, Service Unit #633
- Carmen E. – Cadette from Troop #1492, Service Unit #637
- Madison S. – Cadette from Troop #537, Service Unit #633
- Olivia J. – Junior from Troop #1291, Service Unit #633
- Janet C. – Cadette from Troop #2264, Service Unit #659
- Alexis S. – Junior from Troop #4507, Service Unit #658
- Maureen M. – Cadette from Troop #1362, Service Unit #674
- Dellalyn L. – Troop #11023, Service Unit #647
- Breanna W. – Troop #1004, Service Unit #695
- Chloe T. – Troop #10334, Service Unit #697
- Kaitlyn M. – Troop #736, Service Unit #652
- Christina B. – Troop #1698, Service Unit #666
- Reanna W. – Junior from Troop #1020, Service Unit #665
- Isabelle W. – Troop #846, Service Unit #620
- Soraya W. – Troop #11018, Service Unit #652
- Ava T. – Troop #53, Service Unit #686
- Ridgelee B. – Brownie from Troop #920, Service Unit #688
- Terestina J. – Ambassador from Troop #841, Service Unit #649
- Isabella H. – Troop #846, Service Unit #620
- Aubriegh J. – Cadette from Troop #10410, Service Unit #695
- Katie T. – Ambassador from Troop #841, Service Unit #649
- Morgan T. – Cadette from Troop #10180, Service Unit #683
- Asyia E. – Senior from Troop #323, Service Unit #633
Cookie Sale Recognition Events
All in-person 2019-2020 Cookie Sale recognition events have been canceled and will not be re-scheduled. We are disappointed we cannot celebrate girls in person but be assured that GSCM is currently working on alternative forms of recognition substitutions.
ME2 Magazine and Nut Sale
- Congratulations to Saunder C. from Troop #1389 in SU #637! She is the winner of the Giant Rhino from the ME2 Magazine and Nut Sale drawing.
At Home Camp Adventures
Summer camp like you’ve never seen it before! Yes, it will be virtual. Yes, it will be different. But we promise to do everything in our power to make it memorable and to capture those special moments that make summer camp an amazing experience. For more information, click here.
Girl’s Run the World Event
- With all of the challenges our girls have faced this year, it’s important that we come together to celebrate all they have accomplished. This exclusive Instagram Live event will be hosted through the @girlscouts account with followers automatically notified when it begins. We’ll feature special performances and a Q&A with Jam Jr. artists including the newly formed girl-power super group RTW (Run the World) with Hayley LeBlanc, Jessalyn Grace, Kheris Rogers, and Corrine Joy, as well as Gavin Magnus; music by twin DJs Amira and Kayla; and product giveaways from Girl Scouts and Justice.
- When: Saturday, June 27 from 5 PM to 6:30 PM.
- Where: Instagram Live @girlscouts account.
2020 Spring Renewal Coupon – Extension
- The 2020 Spring Renewal Coupon expiry date has been extended to September 30, 2020. Curbside pickup is now available at both of our stores so you can place your order at email@example.com
- Place order with firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prepay & schedule your pick up time.
- Call the store when you arrive at the parking lot, remain in your car. Store staff will bring out items and place in your car trunk.
Location and Hours
- GSCM Program Center: Monday & Thursday, 10am -3pm
- Camp Ilchester: Tuesday & Friday, 10am -3pm
Facebook Shop Social Dates
- June 16, 5:30 pm
- Outdoor at Home: June 30, 5:30 pm
- Yard Sale: July 16, 5:30 pm
- $10 and Below: July 30, 5:30 pm
- Back to Troop: August 13, 5:30 pm
Council Program Patches
- If you have completed or plan to work on our Council Programs such as Oh What a Flag! and Climate Change Challenge, patches are available for purchase at the store. Just email us at email@example.com.
VTK Maintenance Update
- The VTK will be offline from July 1-2, 2020 for the annual maintenance. After July 2, Troop Leaders and Co-leaders will need 2021 membership to access VTK. The new program rollout starts on July 21, 2020.