Did You Know: The ORIGINAL Girl Scout influencer, Juliette Gordon Low was born on October 31, 1860? Let’s celebrate her 160th birthday all month long by inviting new girls, families and adults to join — after all, there’s NO party like a Girl Scout Party!
And who better to explain the excitement and impact of Girl Scouts than our members?! By showing your love for Girl Scouting and extending invitations to girls and adults in your school or neighborhood to join, you’re helping build even more girls of courage, confidence and character, who will make the world a better place. PLUS girls can earn a patch for their efforts. Click here for details.
If you LOVE Girl Scouts and can’t wait to invite others to join, here are some ideas to get you started and help keep the party going all October long!
- Participate in Uniform Day on October 1, 2020 by wearing your uniform to school. Whether you’re at home and on camera or in your classroom, you’re showing your Girl Scout Spirit!
- Post these flyers on community bulletin boards or anywhere that will let you leave flyers | Download
- Hold a virtual Girl Scout open house.
- List your troop in the Troop Opportunity Catalog so girls/families can find/join the troop! Click here to list or update your troop.
- Lead a virtual troop; contact us at email@example.com to get started (older Girl Scouts are encouraged to consider this option to add to their leadership experience and grow their skills).
- Volunteer to help with an Animal Dance Party, Robot Building Party, or a Starter Troop.
- Get Social
- Parents: you can post on your personal social media pages and in your neighborhood Facebook groups, inviting your friends and neighbors to get involved! There are sample social media messages and images at the bottom of this post!
- Older girls: With your parent’s permission, you can make videos, go live and do a Q&A, and post photos too! Adapt the messages below or create your own. Just make sure to include WHY you love Girl Scouts and HOW other girls can join.
- Find sample posts here! Images are below.
- Don’t forget to tag us!
- Facebook: @gscentralmd
- Instagram: @girlscoutscmd
- Twitter: @gscentralmd
- Sample images: